- Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We may collect the following personal data from you:
- Your Account Information. We collect your name and your email address when you register with us. You may also provide us with your contact number, billing information, images, profile and preferences on registration and in the course of your use of the App;
- Voluntarily Provided Information. We collect voluntarily provided information to us, such as when you register with us, or post or share any content on the App;
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you download, install, access or use the App. This includes information such as the hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number and device identifiers;
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information when you use the App. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use the App, how you interact with other users using the App, etc), log files, and diagnostic, crash and performance logs and reports;
- Your Connections. When you want to connect with other users, you can create, join or be added to groups and broadcast lists. Such groups and lists are associated with your account information;
- Your Messages. When you message other users on the App, we retain your messages (including your chats, photos, videos, voice messages and files) on our servers in the ordinary course of providing the App to you. To improve performance and deliver messages more efficiently, we may retain such content on our servers for a longer period of time;
- Customer Support and Feedback. We collect copies of your messages and how to contact you to provide customer support when you contact us with queries or provide feedback to us on your use of the App;
- Transactional Information. If you pay for the App, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from the app stores or other third parties processing your payment;
- Information Other Provide About You. We may receive information that other people provide to us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use the App, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs), or they may send you a message, send messages to a group chat to which you belong;
- Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customise, support and market the App. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; and
- Third-Party Services. We allow you to use the App in connection with third-party services. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
- We may collect, use and/or disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- setting up your registered user account and profile on the App;
- to provide and improve our services, including informing you of any change or updates in our services;
- to organise the data to allow you to view, manage and share your information, or to help you visualise your data;
- for data aggregation and analytics;
- for targeted online marketing;
- for accounting, billing and verification purposes;
- to contact you regarding any complaints, feedback, queries, requests, claims or disputes;
- to facilitate investigations into or to take action regarding any suspicious or illegal activity on the App;
- for internal administrative and management purposes;
- where required by any act, statute, law, or regulation, rules, directives, or by the order of a government authority or a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction;
- any purposes exempted under the applicable laws;
- such other purposes as consented to by you;
- any other purpose reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- Other than your name and email address, all other information provided by you are provided at your sole discretion, and you have the option to make such information public. Please do not post or add personal or sensitive data to your public profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
- The App will allow you to collect, store, update, modify, delete and exchange business card information and other information that you may receive relating to third parties, and vice-versa. By sharing your information with other users of the App, you agree that they may collect, store, update, modify or delete such information on the App at their discretion without further reference to you.
- We may disclose your personal information to our partners, service providers, contractors and affiliates to provide our services, to maintain this App or to protect the security or integrity of this App and our databases. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that such partners do not use your personal information for a purpose other than the purposes for which the personal information were originally given.
- We may also share your personal data with other third parties in our partner network. If we do so, this will be strictly on an anonymised or aggregated basis, whereby all identifying information has been removed, such that the remaining data does not identify any particular persons.
- We may also generate and share reports of your activities how you interact with other users using the App at certain events with the organisers of such events for the purpose of insight generation.
- We agree to remove all content, personal data and other information that you provide, upload, submit, collect, store, send or receive on or through the App (“User Content”) (which for the avoidance of doubt excludes any aggregated or anonymized data and any content and materials located on this App, including the information, images, videos as well as any software programs available on or through the App (collectively “App Content”)) from our system within sity (60) days of the termination of your account with us.
- Collection, Use and Disclosure of Third Party’s Personal Information
The User Content that you may provide, upload, submit, collect, store, send or receive on or through the App can be your personal information or the personal information of others protected by laws. You agree and undertake to fully respect the privacy of all other persons of whom you have access to or received personal information, and shall obtain due consent for the collection, use and disclosure of such person’s information in compliance with the applicable data privacy laws. You shall not collect, duplicate, store, disseminate, spread or misuse any other persons’ information or data without permission. You shall be wholly responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of any information relating to any persons.
- Changing or Deleting Your Information
- You may review and change your information in your account settings. We will not be responsible for any modification of your information specified in your account.
- You have a limited right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There may be a small charge for this service.
- Security of Your Personal Information
- Where appropriate, we use available technology to protect the security of communications made through the App. However, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk. We do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transaction and other communications made through the App.
- Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that the App is free of viruses or other unauthorised software.
- You should take appropriate steps to keep your information, software and equipment secure. This includes choosing your password carefully and keeping your password and computer or mobile device secure by signing out after using the App.
- Third Party Sites
- The App may contain hyper-links to sites which are not produced or maintained by us. We make no representation and are not responsible for the Content of those sites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those sites. Any content, services, representations made on such sites are solely the responsibility of the operator of those sites and we assume no responsibility for any content, the operation or the services provided thereon. Use of the hyper-links and access to such linked sites are entirely at your own risk.
- All hyper-links to other sites are provided as a convenience to you as a user of the App. In no circumstances shall Xypher be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on the sites to which the App is linked.
- Applicable Law
By accessing or using the App, you are deemed to have also accepted our User Agreement at www.datavlt.com/knectary/terms.
The last update to this User Agreement was posted on 17 May 2019.