31 Jul 2018; the start of a good turning point
Finally, the moments that everyone has been waiting anxiously for – KYC (Know your customer) process and Tokens Swap!
We have prepared a detailed step-by-step guide which you can download here to help you register for an account; this same account will be used to facilitate future tokens swops, Sale of DVLTs and similar allocations after the conclusion of our public sale, scheduled for 13 August 2018.
What do you need to do to create a DATAVLT Account?
A DATAVLT Account is a must-have to facilitate all transactions in our ecosystem including:
- Receiving of token rewards for activities such as the lottery, datapoints, airdrops and grand prizes campaigns.
- Changing of old DVT tokens to new DVLT tokens.
- Purchase of new DVLT tokens during the Public Sale.
Do remember that in order for you to participate in our Public Sale and token swop, it is mandatory that you own a DATAVLT Account.
Here is what you need to prepare prior to registration:
- Have your Ethereum Address ready and verify that it matches with what you previously submitted on Telegram. (To facilitate token swaps, the Ethereum address that you use for registration must be the same with the one that currently holds DVT tokens.)
- A selfie showing you holding your passport with your passport details clearly seen:
*This is mandatory only if you decide to proceed with KYC at this stage.
Good news – if you do complete your KYC within 72 hours of registering for an account, you will be given an additional 50 DVLT tokens! How cool is that?
- Upload a clear image of your passport details:
Here’s an illustration
*Gentle reminder that we’ll only be able to release the tokens obtained through community activities after the conclusion of our public sale.
General FAQs pertaining to KYC and creation of an account
Why is KYC necessary?
As we follow the guidelines recommended by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to combat Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF), this is an important step to ensure you are eligible for our token swap and public sale.
What Are Problems and Challenges That DATAVLT Addresses?
DATAVLT aims to solve the following major problems across various industries:
- Digital rights and IP management
- Data storage and management
- Attestation and proof of existence
- Corporate affairs (board and shareholder voting and registrations)
- Reduce intermediaries and manual paper work
- Reduce cost while improving efficiencies
- Data fraud and unauthorised activities
Who Can Participate in Our Token Sale?
Our token sale is open for global participation. We do however recommend that you review any country specific legislation to ensure you are abiding by the rules of your country.
US Residents/Citizens are not allowed to participate in this token sale. If you are a resident or citizen of the US, you will be identified through the KYC process and any participation in the token sale will be reversed.
You can find a more detailed list of General and Technical FAQs here.